Golf is a game of honesty, integrity, strategy, skill, and etiquette. In business, the game of golf is often used as a social outing to assess character, temperament, and competitive prowess. Getting our sons on the greens is a strategic imperative to ensure they are not only comfortable being members of a country club but to also instill in them the fundamental values of how to play the game and win.
Young Gents, Inc. is excited to continue its partnership with Bobby Jones Golf Club – a revolutionary golf course design featuring multiple tees and large double greens. All YGI meeting sessions and golf lessons will be held at Bobby Jones.
Career exploration and entrepreneurship are critical components of the Young Gents, Inc. Curriculum.
In many cultures, it is not unusual for young children to develop an interest in a particular career path or field of study at an early age. Typically, their interests are driven by two factors: their passion for the work and having direct access to people – who look just like them – doing the work.
Through a series of fun and engaging self-assessment exercises, your young gent will discover and explore his interests, values, personality, and aptitudes. He will be introduced to incredible leaders from a wide array of professionals who will nurture his interest and guide him in gaining more knowledge, smarts, and invaluable know-how. Your young gent will be set up for success and well on his way towards paving his career path.
Lessons will include:
- “Know Thy Self” Career exploration exercises
- Creating business plans
- Resume writing
- Elevator Pitches
- Business Presentation Skills
- Mock Interviews
- Effective Networking
Community engagement is the process of working collaboratively with community groups to address issues that impact the well-being of others. The young gents will engage in service projects and learn – through hands-on experiences – what it means to help our neighbors in need. Topics that will be covered include:
- Foundations and Nonprofit Organizations
Your young gent will learn the latest etiquette protocols from fine dining and white glove service to business formalities and proper interactions. Learning from a curriculum tailored to the mind of a child, the Young Gents will become refined while maintaining their youthful playfulness!
Interactive Etiquette Lessons will include:
- Making a GREAT First Impression
- The Art of Conversation
- Connoisseurs of Fine Dining (American and European)
- Perfect Pitch: Introduction to Public Speaking
Financial literacy is knowing how to spend and save money. Mastering this life skill at an early age will set your young gent on a solid path of becoming a savvy financier. Not only will Young Gents, Inc. equip your young gent with the fundamentals of basic money management, they will also gain opportunities to visit international investment banks to learn about stocks, bonds, currency exchanges and exactly how money moves around the world!
Money management lessons will include:
- Healthy Credit Card Usage
Parental, Caregiver and Guardian engagement is a critical component of the Young Gents, Inc. curriculum and it is an essential element in grooming and growing our young gents towards greatness. Collectively, the Village represents all parents, caregivers and guardians of participating young gents. As a member of the Village, you are encouraged to:
- Participate on panels for Young Gents, Inc. relevant to your subject matter expertise
- Practice fine dining protocols with your young gent during sessions and at home
- Reinforce lessons with your Young Gent on tying his neckties and bow ties, giving firm handshakes and eye contact, practicing good posture and walking with purpose
- Network with other members of the Village
Exposing children to the wonders of travel is one of the most important life lessons we can give to them. In addition to expanding their understanding of geography and giving them opportunities to experience various forms of transportation, travel gives us all access to new cultures, languages and ways of life that may be different from our very own.
Your young gent will gain these experiences through our annual Travel Exchanges!
- 2018 New York
- 2019 Silicon Valley
- 2020 Washington DC (cancelled due to COVID-19)
- 2021 East Canton, Ohio
- 2022 Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Note: Travel costs are not included in the annual tuition.
Additionally, the young gents have their very own Book Club in which they will read a variety of books relevant to the overall consortium topic.
The Young Gents Book Club exposes our sons to books and authors they may not learn about in their traditional classrooms. It also equips the young gents with the know how to build and expand their very own library.
At the conclusion of each book study, the young gents will dialog with each other about what they learned from the text and – schedule permitting – they will connect with the authors themselves for a Fireside Chat!
What are the young gents reading?!
- 50 Things Every Young Gentleman Should Know: What to Do, When to Do It, and Why by John Bridges
- Heroes Wanted: Why the World Needs You to Live Your Heart Out by Rodney D. Bullard
- History of the Black Dollar by Angel Rich
- How to Be a Gentleman: A Timely Guide to Timeless Manners by John Bridges
- Manners Maketh Man: The Complete Book of Business Etiquette and Good Manners by Nella Henney and C. W. Green
- Notoriously Dapper: How to Be a Modern Gentleman with Manners, Style and Body Confidence by Kelvin Davis
- Teenpreneur Marketing Guide: Easy Steps to Successfully Marketing by Jordan Williams