Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enroll my Young Gent?
Applications for the 2021 – 2022 Consortium in Atlanta will accept applications now through September 20th.
What are the eligibility qualifications?
Students ages 6 – 12 are qualified to participate. And due to demand, we have a special cohort initiative for 13-year-olds.
What is the time commitment?
The young gents meet two Sundays a month from September thru March. In April, the boys travel together with their families for a 4-day year-end travel exchange.
How much is the annual participation investment and what does it include?
Young Gents, Inc. exists to normalize black excellence®. By establishing a peer group of like-minded, global go-getters and future leaders, Young Gents, Inc. is a strategic and intentionally-designed initiative like no other.
Through cultural experiences, authentic mentorship, practicing proper protocols of fine dining and travel, Young Gents, Inc. exposes boys of color – at an early age – to tangible examples of black excellence and equips them with every skill and tool they need to demonstrate excellence at home and exude it everywhere else.
The investment costs for each of the 2020-2021 consortiums are noted below:
- Atlanta – $1,500 (14 sessions)
- Bay Area – $1,650 (14 sessions)
- Nashville – $750 (7 sessions)
The investment costs covers every aspect of the year-long consortium which includes:
- Best In Class Etiquette and Social Intelligence Training
- Honorariums and/or gifts for speakers, guests and presenters
- Annual Young Gents Holiday Tea at the St. Regis
- 2020-2021 Yearbook
- Monogrammed Necktie
- YGI Fine Dining Fridays® at a 4-5 Star Restuarant
- Text Books for the Young Gents, Inc. Book Club
- Young Gents Charitable Fund**
- Personalized Young Gents, Inc. Business Cards
- Young Gents, Inc. Thank You Cards
** $25 of every young gents’ total investment will go into the Young Gents, Inc. Charitable Fund. As a part of their philanthropy learning track, the young gents will elect their favorite nonprofit organization and debate why Young Gents, Inc. should support them with a charitable contribution. Once the winning charity(ies) are determined, the Young Gents will visit the nonprofit, meet their leadership, staff and/or volunteers and make a check presentation.
Payment options are available.